Girls Basketball Senior Night

Sophomore+Lyla+Lancaster+and+Senior+Chloe+Simons+setting+up+offense.+
Keegan Seymour
Sophomore Lyla Lancaster and Senior Chloe Simons setting up offense.

Last Thursday, February 15th, the girls hosted their senior night and last regular season game against the Battle Mountain Huskies. The girls won 54-34 to finish the regular season strong. This win allowed the girls to host playoffs and become the 15th seed. This was a very special night for the girls because it was also their senior night. They had bittersweet goodbyes after the game as they recognized seniors Chloe Simons, Laurna Lancaster, and Esme Baca. These girls have dedicated their time to basketball and got to finish out their high school career on a high note. Chloe has been in the program for three years, Esme two years, and Laurna all four years. “I’ve played since second grade, it was emotional for me not only because of senior night, but because I was so glad to be a part of such a great team this year,” says Lancaster. In the future, she wants to pursue coaching basketball to follow her love of the sport.  Laurna finished the night with 4 points, and Chloe finished with 13. “I felt that senior night was one of my best games this year, and walking across the floor with my family was one of the biggest milestones I’ve had so far in my high school career, I will forever remember that feeling and memory” says Lancaster. This was a huge night for these girls, ending their regular season with a win. Along with that, junior Addie Ritterbush had 13 points, and junior Delaney Wright had 9 points. The girls played hard for their seniors the whole game. Recognizing the seniors is a tradition in the whole basketball program, and is a remarkable night. The girls will host Northridge in their first playoff game on Tuesday, February 20th at 6pm. Good luck girls!!