Anticipation Grows as PHS Foresees a Dynamic Winter Guard Season

Holm’s favorite memory of color/winter guard. Taken by Rylee Holm.

With the winter season approaching, the buzz at PHS revolves around the highly anticipated Winter Guard performances. Senior Rylee Holm, a seasoned member of the team, shares her insightful outlook on what the upcoming season has in store.

Holm exudes optimism as she envisions a noticeable leap in skill difficulty, remarking, “My thoughts on this year’s Winter Guard season are centered around reaching a new level of skill difficulty.” This heightened ambition is fueled by the team’s continuity with a choreographer for the fourth consecutive season. Holm expresses her hopes for sustained growth, saying, “Having our fourth season with a new choreographer, we aim to elevate our skills and witness continuous improvement each season.”

Winter Guard, often referred to as the pinnacle of competition, holds a special significance for the PHS team. Holm elaborates, “Winter Guard is what we like to call our big competition season.” This emphasizes not only the team’s commitment to excellence but also the competitive spirit that defines the season for the PHS community.

As the excitement builds, Holm’s insights offer a glimpse into the team’s dedication to pushing their boundaries and enhancing their performance abilities. With a seasoned choreographer guiding the way, the anticipation is palpable for a season that promises not only elevated skills but also the spirited competition that makes Winter Guard a cherished tradition at PHS.

With the echoes of music and the vibrant colors of the flags ready to grace the arena, PHS prepares for a Winter Guard season that holds the promise of growth, competition, and the unique energy that the team brings to the community.