Baseball vs. Glenwood

Junior Ascher Morby at the plate. Photo provided by Morby.

Last Saturday, May 4th, our boys faced the Glenwood Springs Demons for their last league opponent of the season. They played a double header, taking both wins. This allowed the  boys to take first place, winning the 4A Western Slope League with a record of 12-0. They won the first game 8-4, and the second game 8-1. “I think we played more as a team in the second game, everyone started hitting better,” says Junior Ascher Morby. In the first game, they collected 10 hits. Sophomore Will Seriani hit 1.000, with two RBI’s. Sophomores Kian Kinslow, Hunter Howard, and Dylon Larson all hit 0.500. Kinslow had four RBI’s, and scored two runs. Junior Easton Embrey had three runs, and three stolen bases. Juniors Garrett Draper and Christian Herrera pitched this game. Draper collected four strikeouts, and Herrera collected six. In the second game, they collected six hits, and only had one error. Freshman Wyatt Fleming hit 0.667, and Larson hit 0.500. Embrey and Howard both hit 0.333 and each had two runs. Howard also hit a home run, and had two RBI’s. Fleming had four RBI’s, a double, and one stolen base. Morby pitched this game, collecting nine strikeouts, only allowing three hits and one run. “The season is going good, we’re hoping to host for playoffs,” Morby adds. The boys are ranked 3rd in Colorado Division 4A. Good luck the rest of the season!