Track and field Championships

Outside+palisade+facing+the+track+
Alan Rocha
Outside palisade facing the track

This was a big week for Junior varsity Track and Field athletes as Stocker Stadium houses the Championship for Junior Varsity and Varsity get ready for their last meet and for their championship. JV also participated in the WSL/SWL Championships. This event takes place every year and is attended by many Western Slope schools. 

The Junior Varsity team had a stand-out performance in the relay races with three teams winning 2nd place on the 4×100, 4×800 and 4×400, Sophomore  Iris Rath also won 3rd place in the shot put competition . This was the final event for the JV team and was a great way to end the season. 

Varsity played on May 3rd and 4th in the WSL/SWL Championships with two 2nd place finishes, one 3rd place finish, and two great performances with both Lauren Hardin for shot put and the relay team winning the first place medal. 

Varsity are also going to be going to a track meet hosted by Grand Junction High School that takes place on May 10 and 11. This will also be the last track meet before going to the championships on the 16th. The final Varsity Regional Championship will be on the 16th so for now let’s all hope that our teams win and bring pride to our school and for themselves.