Joey Smith Qualifies for State

War Dogs Tennis team
Joey Smith
War Dogs Tennis team

This upcoming weekend, five Palisade students from the War Dogs and one student from Junction are going to Pueblo City, to compete in the State competition for Tennis. Sydney Mauer, Haley Ammons, Annabelle Carter, Shaelyn David, and Joey Smith are the five girls from the War Dogs competing in state from Palisade, and Harper King is the Palisade student from the Junction team that is also going to state. Joey Smith, a Junior from Palisade High School that does singles, who has qualified for state three times throughout her High School sports career, talked to us about her experiences as a part of the War dogs tennis team and her qualification for state. “Honestly, it’s a really good feeling knowing that all of the work that we put in during the season is finally paying off when we get to qualify for state. My greatest accomplishment in tennis is that last year I got all conference. Also, the growth that I’ve had from my sophomore year to my junior year. ’’. Joey also shared with us why she joined the tennis team. “I started playing tennis when i was really little, mainly because it’s just in our family, my older sister played for Junction, and I just kind of got into it and stuck with it ever since”.  As these girls are sent off to the state competition, we wish them all the best of luck in their competitions and bring pride to our school doing what they love. Go Bulldogs!