Girls Golf Takes on Rifle Creek

The+varsity+team+after+their+Rifle+tournament.+
Jan Norell
The varsity team after their Rifle tournament.

On Monday, April 22nd, the Varsity Girls Golf team traveled to Rifle Creek Golf Course to compete against seven other teams. The Bulldogs took on the Skiers, the Moffat County Bulldogs, the Red Hawks, the Tigers, the Demons, the Wildcats, and the Bears. 

Rifle Creek is an incredibly beautiful yet challenging course. There are two distinct nine-hole tracks and a beautiful view of the grand hogback ridge. The back nine is unlike any other course, presenting a challenging but fun opportunity for its players. 

Palisade finished 6th overall for the tournament, with some younger talent taking the lead. Sophomore Lexi Taylor finished 10th overall out of 43 golfers, and first for the Palisade Bulldogs. She has been playing golf for only two years and is currently ranked seed three for the team, having played seven varsity tournaments this season. “I felt like it went really well,” Taylor says. “I had the opportunity to play with a girl that was really good, so I feel like it inspired me to play better which was cool.” 

“My high for the tournament was definitely my putting, but I definitely need to work on my chipping next practice,” Taylor says. “My favorite shot of the tournament was this shot with my seven iron. It was my second shot of a par four, and it was about a foot from the hole.” 

The girls’ season is beginning to wrap up with the JV and District 51 Championships right around the corner. Great job so far this season girls, and keep up the good work!