Colombia University And Many More Universities Protest

Flags+of+Several+Universitys+
Alan Rocha
Flags of Several University’s

As the war in Israel Goes on many students have decided to protest against the war and against companies and politicians that support one of the universities where students have decided to protest is Columbia University. Columbia University in New York is a private university and is ranked 12th in the nation, at this university and many others large protests have erupted.

These protests have happened due to Colombia having ties with Israeli defense contractors. The students are demanding that the colleges cut ties with these groups as a show of support for Palestine. These aren’t the first protests like these however many people are concerned that Jewish students will be persecuted by these Palestinian supporters. Support for Palestine is a lot larger Among university students than any other groups and also among young people.

Columbia University President Minouche Shafik testified in the capital about anti-Semitism and how it had risen since the Hamas attacks on Israel. New York representative Ritchie Torres said that she should “step aside” if she couldn’t stop these protests. House minority leader Hakeem Jeffries said it was  “unacceptable and deeply disturbing”. Former president Donald Trump also added comments saying “The people running Columbia have made a grave mistake.”. The president of Colombia has set a date for the protesters to back down and to settle things out.

Although He is far from going into university Canton Mosley A Freshman said that ‘i didn’t know there were protest” and that “i don’t pay much attention to the israel palestine war” but also that “i don’t think that racism against Jews should happen” 

During protest like this we should always try to be civil and not go into any form of riots. As they are springing across the united states we could see major ones in colorado.