The Solar Eclipse

The+Solar+Eclipse+in+Denver+
Skyley Caswell
The Solar Eclipse in Denver

Something amazing happened this last Monday and that was a total solar eclipse. Don’t worry if you missed it because there won’t be another one for twenty years! The eclipse passed over all over North America. It came over Mexico to the United States then through Canada. In some areas mostly in the mid east of the United States you were able to see the total eclipse so perfect that it made the sky turn as if it was night time for about four minutes. Millions of Americans have reported seeing the eclipse as it passed over the country.

Sadly Colorado was unable to see the complete darkness of the eclipse. For Colorado it was a partial eclipse. Only sixty percent of the sun was hidden. The partial eclipse lasted for two hours in Denver. Another let down of the 2024 eclipse was many people didn’t get to experience the phenomenon due to unexpected weather patterns. In eastern Colorado there was ninety percent of cloud cover which eliminated the visibility of the sun completely. The last total eclipse was in 2017. This eclipse came from the pacific ocean and started in Oregon then ended in South Carolina. Colorado was more involved with this one; ninety percent of the sun was covered over Colorado. 

Some Palisade High School students were able to witness the event through protective eyewear from the eclipse. “My mom got these eclipse glasses. It was so cool. I saw the sun just partially turn black partial.” said Kylie Boese. “Dude I just found out we won’t see another eclipse for twenty years! I am going to be in my late thirties, that is crazy” said Teagan Young. Where will you be in the next eclipse? Only one way to find out is to see you in the next two decades.