Baseball vs. Summit

Junior Easton Embrey on the mound. Photo provided by Easton.

Last Saturday the 6th, the Palisade Bulldogs faced the Summit Tigers, for their third league match-up of the season. They played a doubleheader, taking a win in both games. They won 9-3 in the first game, and 8-2 in the second game. “It was really good, we played well as a team, I think we’re finally coming together with our hitting and pitching,” says pitcher Easton Embrey. In the first game, Embrey pitched and collected five strikeouts. On behalf of why he loves baseball, Embrey states “It’s somewhere I can be myself, and I’ve been playing it since I was five, I love the comradery with our team.” At the plate, Senior Kayden Dowdy and Sophomore Hunter Howard both hit 1.000. Senior Titus Porter and Junior Caleb Blanck both hit 0.667. The boys did not allow any runs in the first five innings, and they collected thirteen hits as a team. In the second game, Junior Garrett Draper pitched and also collected five strikeouts. Blanck hit 1.000, and Sophomore Kian Kinslow hit 0.750.  Kinslow had two doubles, and three RBI’s. Sophomore Will Seriani hit 0.250 with one double and two RBI’s. Palisade shut Summit out in the first three innings, not allowing any runs, and collecting four. They also collected ten hits and had no errors as a team. “I think we all played really well as a team, I don’t think we had any selfish at bats or plays, we wanted to win as a team and be there together,” says Embrey. The boys now are 8-3-1 overall. They are first place in the 4A Western Slope League holding a 5-0  record. Good luck the rest of this season!