Girls soccer Claims 3-0 victory over Battle Mountain

Hayleigh Wing
A highlight of Mia De Villages-Decker from the game

In a thrilling home game, Palisade High School’s soccer team showcased their prowess with a 3-0 victory over Battle Mountain this past Saturday. The electrifying atmosphere fueled the team’s performance, with fans cheering them on from the sidelines. Hayleigh Wing, a standout player in the outside back position for Palisade, offered her insights into the game’s pivotal moments and key contributors. “Our second half was a lot better than our first half,” Wing explained, her eyes reflecting the intensity of the match. “We performed better and did a lot better job connecting the ball and finding those through passes.” The team’s remarkable improvement in the second half was evident as they displayed superior coordination and precision on the field. Wing attributed much of their success to the outstanding performance of the outside midfielders and forwards, “Key players, I would say, are our outside mids and obviously our two forwards, Kate Fricke and Mia De Villegas-Decker,” Wing emphasized, acknowledging their crucial roles in driving the team’s offensive momentum.

Wing stressed the team’s commitment to continuous improvement despite the convincing victory. “I feel like we could connect the ball better, and if we just found those easy passes and kept our heads up, it would make our lives a lot easier,” she noted, reflecting on areas for refinement. As PHS celebrates this impressive win, the soccer team remains focused on their goals for the season. With Hayleigh Wing and her teammates leading the charge, the soccer team is poised for continued success as they strive for excellence on and off the field. The victory against Battle Mountain marks another step forward for Palisade High School’s soccer team, building on their reputation as a formidable force in their league. With each game, they hone their skills and strengthen their camaraderie, laying the groundwork for future triumphs. Off the field, the team’s dedication extends beyond the game itself. They engage in community service projects, embodying the values of teamwork, leadership, and giving back. They inspire their peers and younger aspiring athletes in the community through their actions. As they prepare for upcoming matches, the team approaches each game with determination and resilience. They understand that success is not just about winning on the scoreboard but also about the journey of growth and development as individuals and as a team. Every player’s heart lies in a passion for the sport and a commitment to representing their school with pride and integrity. With their eyes set on the championship, the PHS soccer team is ready to face whatever challenges come their way, united in their pursuit of excellence.