Tik Tok Might be no More!

TikTok could become inaccessible to Americans. It might get banned from America due to the American belief that because of the ties between TikTok and China. Officials believe that they could be using TikTok to listen in and breach people’s lives and government-related information. But there is a chance that it will stay if the company that owns the site were to sell the stake so that Chinese enforcers would not own and be able to do anything with it. TikTok states that they would not conform with the Chinese government and let them use their app for crimes against people. And they also recall a project they did in 2022 called “Project Texas” which was initiated to safeguard America and keep it safe from stuff like this. One good thing about all of this is that since they passed the measure to sell they gave the company six months to sell their app, so we will know whenever it is going away and if we will be able to give it a goodbye. President Joe Biden did state that he would sign the bill. When the bill gets to the president and passes then it becomes a law and having any apps or distributing apps made by Bytedance would become illegal. I interviewed a student of Palisade named Austin Lindbloom he stated “I think there will be an app that will replace Tik Tok”.  That’s not all though, the amount of time that TikTok has could be extended even longer because of a legal battle. This is not the only time that the US has tried to ban TikTok. Not too long ago  Montana tried to completely ban TikTok.