Friday Track Meet

Hanky Deford running a relay
Hanky Deford running a relay

This Friday the Palisade track varsity track team will attend a track meet at Stocker Stadium. The other schools will be from all around the valley. “The last couple tracks show that Palisade has attendees they haven’t really had the outcome they were hoping for”. This is what Joshua Rodriguez, a Junior at Palisade High School, had to say about the meet. Joshua will be doing the 100 yard dash and the 200. They are going to have big competition in the relays as they hope to win both their relays against Grand Junction High School. Josh had a couple words he’d like to say on the matter.” The run we are most excited to see play out is the relays. Coach Reitz puts a lot of faith into these relays as she is hoping to go to state with a relay team.” Track for a lot of people like Joshua has been a competition but a great opportunity to have fun. ” I am really excited to see the competition this year as it is always a good way to meet new people from different schools. I have done track at Palisade for the past couple years so it is always great to see how the team evolves and seeing others get better in training and track for me has  been a way for me to stay in shape in the off seasons like soccer. ” As shown, Joshua and the rest of the track team are very excited for the upcoming meets and to show off their skills. We hope the best for the track team as they go into this next meet!