Lauren Boebert’s Son Arrested

Rif;e police, who apprehended Tyler Boebert last Wednesday.
Keegan Seymour

Last week, Lauren Boebert’s 18 year old son made headlines after being arrested and facing five felony charges. This comes after many struggles between the Boebert family and the law in Rifle Colorado.

Last Tuesday, Garfield County police arrested Tyler Boebert at around 2:30 PM related to alleged property theft and vehicle trespass. He currently faces four felony charges of criminal possession of identification documents and one felony count of conspiracy to commit a felony. Tyler spent the night in Garfield County jail but was released Wednesday afternoon after his bail was posted at $1,250. 

This is related to a long string of recent issues within the Boebert family, after Lauren’s ex-husband Jayson Boebert was arrested in connection to two separate incidents. Lauren has since received a temporary restraining order against him. On top of this, earlier this year Lauren herself was kicked out of a Denver Opera house for vaping and being disruptive.  Tyler is expected back in court on April 11, where he’ll stand trial for his charges. This comes after June 2023 when it was revealed that Tyler had become a father to a new born baby. 

Boebert was quoted saying, “I love my son Tyler, who has been through some very difficult, public challenges for a young man and the subject of attention that he didn’t ask for. It breaks my heart to see my child struggling and, in this situation, especially when he has been provided multiple opportunities to get his life on track.”

Lauren currently serves as our district congressional representative, but is planning to move districts this election in fear of facing a tough election.