Dead Body Found in Horizon Drive Hotel

Alan Rocha
Outline Of Dead Body Sketch

After a human head was found in a deep freezer in Grand Junction a month ago, authorities found a dead body in a hotel on Horizon drive this Saturday. Due to how fresh this story is there is not much Information for this story. And authorities are still in the process of uncovering who this man was.

Horizon Drive is located near the Grand Junction Regional Airport and as such there are many hotels nearby one of them being The Super 8 By Wyndham. At this hotel, they found the deceased body of a man partially hanging outside the window. Officers were called down around 10:30 and went in to investigate the body that had been pronounced dead at the scene.

This isn’t the first time there has been a dead body found in Horizon Drive. In September of last year two men were charged with the murder of a man.This Murder was quickly dealt with as it was due to gunfire which is easy to find the culprit of, however in this case there has not been found a culprit yet either due to how early its been under investigation or just the mystery of how the body ended hanging outside the window.

Noah Hirons a junior at palisade highschool when asked about thoughts on the dead body found he said “i don’t have much information maybe he tripped” Noah says “horizon drive itself is pretty industrial” he also said “hotels can be sketchy”. Hotels themselves are not all bad but there are several crimes that happen at hotels and have a 5% rate of murders annually based on some crime reports.

While it’s very early to know what happened we do hope that the case can be closed.