Bulldogs vs. Demons

Freshman+guard+Carter+Hayward+%283%29+dribbling+up+the+court.+
Carter Hayward
Freshman guard Carter Hayward (3) dribbling up the court.

On Friday the 2nd, the bulldogs basketball teams faced the Durango demons. Both girls and boys took the win on their home court. The boys came back after being down 32-16 at halftime. The end score was 55-43, and the boys took the win. “We’ve had ups and downs, but now we’re getting into a groove towards the end and peaking where we want to,” says freshman guard Carter Hayward (13). Sophomore, Hunter Howard (1), led the bulldogs with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Senior, Fred Moore (11) followed behind him, scoring 12 points. Right behind him, freshman Carter Hayward (3) racks up 11 points. In the 4th quarter, the bulldogs outscored the demons 23-1.  When asked about his future goals, Carter says “Contributing more to the team, and being more of a vocal leader.” This was a good home court win for the boys who now attain an 8-11 record. For the girls’ side, they took over the game with an ending score of 38-27. This was a huge win for the girls getting a comeback on Durango for the past few years. “Our team played really good defense, we got a lot of rebounds, we shared the ball a lot, and shot pretty well,” says junior Addie Ritterbush (4). Leading the way, senior Chloe Simons (11) led the bulldogs with 21 points. Sophomore Lyla Lancaster led the bulldogs with 8 rebounds, and junior Addie Ritterbush (4) led with 6 assists. The girls have had an amazing season, last Friday they extended their record to 13-6. “One of our biggest goals this season is to win league, and make it to the playoffs, and maybe host,” says Addie.  Both boys and girls had amazing games, and a large crowd showed up on this friday night to cheer on the dogs. They will finish out league games these next few weeks facing Glenwood, Eagle Valley, and Battle Mountain. The boys and girls will join the Demons next year in the 5A Southwestern League, and face them twice. Good luck the rest of your season Bulldogs!!