New opportunities for Fire FC

Fire Fc Indoor Facility
Hayleigh Wing
Fire Fc Indoor Facility

Fire FC, a soccer club in Grand Junction has had years of success and now they’re giving back to their players by hosting an I.D event and inviting fellow colleges. Fort Lewis, CCU, CMU, UCCS, Western Colorado University, and Metro State. On Saturday the boys will have a long morning session followed by lunch and then they will play short fielded games followed by some guest speakers who are or did play soccer in college. Then they split up and play 11v11 games. After the 11v11s one of the college coaches will come out and speak. the same will be happening the next day with the girls but they will not have the guest speakers. Although they are invited to go on the first day to listen to the speakers. We interviewed some players who will be attending the ID camp as Talan Despain, a freshman at Palisade. “The ID camp for me is just being able to show what I can do and it’s just a cool opportunity to have it here in Colorado. I’m just hoping to show my skill to be able to play for a team in the future.”Also, we were able to get a hold of one of the coaches from fire FC,  coach Matt Leach and this is what he had to say about the ID camp. “It allows them to showcase their skills and get touches on the ball. It is only 50 bucks to get seen by more than 4 colleges and even if you don’t want to go to these colleges it is a way to get feedback from real college coaches to further your chances in your career.” Good luck to all those attending