U.S Soldiers Killed in Jordan

Kaleb Wells
The American Flag

Three United States soldiers were killed in a small United States outpost in Jordan. More than thirty service members were injured due to the overnight drone attack. This has been the first U.S casualties since the Gaza conflict started. U.S Central Command has stated the drone was launched by Iranian militants that have come from Syria. President Biden while speaking in South Carolina stated “we shall respond”. This gives a question to the involvement of the United States going to go more aggressive with the Gaza conflict.

Iran has opened and stated that they were not involved in the attack. Tower twenty two was the tower the three brave souls were in when the unfortunate attack happened ending their lives. Officials have said the injury will continue to go up with examining  U.S service members due to brain injuries. The Iranian spokesperson Nasser Kanaani stated that “regional resistance” are groups that don’t take orders from Iran. Nasser also stated that they don’t want war in those regions. U.S Command Center said there have been 158 attacks on the United States Coalition in Iraq and Syria.  

We have been able to interview Palisade students to express what they have felt in the Jordan situations. “I just feel sorry for the families affected. I know it is going to turn into something bigger.” said Kylie Boese. “I think we should definitely do something about it as a country. I would want to fight back after having to hear something bad like that going on in the middle east.” Said Lane Holland. Our Hearts are out to the people that are affected in this and to their families lost.