CMU Tech Offers a Great Way to Earn a Degree

Colorado Mesa University Tech Crewneck
Hayleigh Wing
Colorado Mesa University Tech Crewneck

Colorado Mesa University began its transition to its new name CMU Tech this past year, to provide more of a connection between the two campuses. The program partners with WCCC, which is another career program that numerous students at Palisade attend. Programs such as these help students further their knowledge in the career they wish to pursue in the future, starting as early as high school. Access to the program is little to no cost for students, with several funding opportunities, providing an easy way to explore your options that could most likely become a career.  

I interviewed a student who has been doing WCCC, Dane Morisson, since his Sophomore year and is continuing the program through his Junior year. He stated, “It’s been fun and the teachers are good.” Morisson is studying culinary.

If you were to choose to pursue the CMU Tech program, you can begin classes your Freshman year, and end your senior year, giving a lot of time to soak in the knowledge that you can gain going to classes. CMU Tech’s goal is to help people learn more practical skills. They offer 30-plus degrees such as culinary, mechatronics, and nurse aid. 

The program also helps out a lot with financial aid, to provide opportunities to students to a wider range of students. They also offer a 40 percent lower cost of tuition. There is also the option to receive funding for CMU Tech through private scholarships, state programs, and businesses who need quality employees.

CMU Tech also offers the ability to do online classes. To apply to the program, students can speak to counselors or apply online.