Futsal Fundraiser

Futsal fundraiser group of 2023. Picture provided by Girls palisade soccer Team.

The Palisade soccer girls team have been holding a futsal fundraiser that started last Friday. It is 35 dollars to join and each person who joins will get a shirt. They hold this Futsal tournament every Friday till the 23 of February. The only requirements are shin guards and tennis shoes to play. The games are 44 minutes each and 22 minutes halves with a 5 minute half time. Futsal is an indoor variation of soccer that is on a tinier harder playing surface. The amount of people that are on the field is heavily reduced due to its size. There is still in fact a keeper but the goal is very small, it is just barely bigger than the keeper. The biggest difference is that in futsal there are no offsides so you can be anywhere on the field. For the fundraiser I talked to senior forward on the team Mia De Villegas-Decker. “The money from the fundraiser is going to the palisade girls soccer team necessities like uniforms, practice jerseys, food and to pay for the fundraiser shirts. The fundraiser shirts that everyone gets say palisade futsal fundraiser.”For the first day, they had about 20 people show up and they are putting five to six people per team. They’re excited to have more people so it is not to late for anyone too try and join and play for the rest of the tournament. The games will usually be played in the aux gym, but it can vary between the two gyms due to scheduling. Please come out and help the Palisade soccer girls out!