Warrior Classics two-day Wrestling Tournament Recap

Mason Menuey
Teagon Young placing third

Central High School hosted a two-day tournament from December 15 and 16. Many schools attended and two of our wrestlers placed highly. Palisades junior varsity was at Fruita the same days and our team placed second overall. Teagan Young placed third and Trevin Brannon placed first in the varsity tournament. I interviewed Teagan Young about his thoughts on the tournament and he said “I’m very proud of myself and the team. Even though some of us didn’t make it to the second day we still tried very hard. Wrestling made me very tired but this was normal for two-day tournaments.” I also interviewed Trevin Brannon “I am proud of the team but I wish more of us could have made it to the second day. My final match for filth place was probably my hardest match because it lasted a total of 11 minutes. This is because I had three overtime periods and neither I nor my opponent got a point. In the end, I was able to get a point and place filth.” Our coaches and team are very proud of the junior varsity team for placing second at Fruita. I was not able to attend the Fruita tournament because I was at Varsity but I heard very good things about our wrestlers and the team in general. Coaches said that our team worked their butts off and tried as hard as they could. Palisade is going to have a duel against Meeker High School so be sure to show your support for our hard-working wrestlers. 

Mason Menuey