Grand Junction’s First High School Hockey Team

+Picture+of+Braedan+Tompkins+on+the+ice+of+his+previous+games.%0APicture+provided+by+Braedan+Tompkins.
Picture of Braedan Tompkins on the ice of his previous games. Picture provided by Braedan Tompkins.

This month, Grand Junction, Colorado welcomed its very first High School hockey team to the city. The arrival of this new team has brought renewed excitement and energy to the local sports scene. Fans eagerly await the opportunity to support their hometown high school players on the ice.

The team has many talented high school athletes from various backgrounds and experiences. They have been training extensively in preparation for their opening season. With dedicated coaches and passionate players, the Ice Cats are determined to bring high competition and entertainment to Grand Junction. The hockey team has two players who go to our very own school. Freshmans, Braeden Tompkins and Jace Carter. 

This is going to be Jace Carter’s first year playing hockey and he is very excited. In an interview with Jace, he stated, “I’m super excited it’s going to be so much fun. I think a lot of families are excited to have High School hockey in the Valley. The team is awesome they’re so nice. It’s combined with all the Grand Junction schools and a couple of others. We’re going to win tomorrow.” 

Braedan has been playing hockey for 9 years now, he said in an interview, “I am very excited for this season. I like the contact of it and being able to hit people. I think it’s going to be cool to be a part of this team, especially as a Freshman, and to be a part of the hockey history here in Grand Junction. Hockey is probably one of the least selfish sports.” 

The addition of a hockey team in Grand Junction is not only significant for sports enthusiasts but also for the community as a whole. It allows locals to come together and rally behind their team, fostering a sense of pride. Moreover, it offers young aspiring athletes the opportunity to pursue their dreams in their backyard rather than having to leave town for similar opportunities. The presence of this team will undoubtedly contribute to the growth and development of hockey in Grand Junction and Palisade High School, creating a lasting legacy for future generations. The very first game is going to be on Friday the 8th against Fort Collins. The game will start at 7:30. Show up and support our very first High School Grand Junction hockey team.