George Santos Makes Unfortunate History

George Santos, who got expelled from Congress on Friday Provided by: https://images.app.goo.gl/heWm33i8JCW9WFNU9

The internet famed representative from New York, George Santos, has officially become the 6th representative to be expelled from Congress. After a short term full of drama and internet memes, Congress voted to expel Santos as he is currently facing federal charges of money laundering, credit card fraud, and lying to Congress.
Despite only being elected in 2023, George Santos was a well known name amongst Americans, but maybe not for the right reasons. People found all of George Santo’s antics incredibly amusing. Such as when he lied about how his mother died as a result of the September 11 Attacks, or when he compared himself to Rosa Parks. He also had many viral videos sweep the internet, like when reporters caught Santos walking out of his office cradling an infant in his arms, and when asked if it was his baby, he replied, “Not yet.” But as these things gained traction, people started looking a bit more into George Santos’ backstory. It was there where they discovered things about the New York representative that he didn’t want the public to know about, such as lying about his resume, using campaign funds for personal use, and an alleged plot to steal $3,000 from a Veteran. Congress launched official investigations into these issues, but Santos was still in the spotlight, using his influence to publicly attack other party members like Mitt Romney and Matt Gaetz. After two unsuccessful voting attempts to expel Santos from the House of Representatives, Speaker of the House Mike Johnson read out the votes on Friday morning that pronounced George Santos to be the 6th Representative to ever be expelled from the House.
I spoke to Ian Allen about this situation and he had this to say, “I mean I’ll miss all his shenanigans but I suppose it’s probably best to not have someone like that making large decisions for America.” After his expulsion, the fallout in Congress may look very interesting, make sure to check the Paw Post weekly for updates.