Turkey Trot; Who Even Thought of it

Autumn time tree
Provided by: Shaylynn Wing
Autumn time tree Provided by: Shaylynn Wing

The turkey trot is held in most places around the United States on the morning of Thanksgiving. There are many different distances ranging from a 5K to a full marathon of 26.2 miles. Most people there just show up because they either made a poor choice of marrying into a turkey trot family, or they have a granola mom. Either way, it is not a fun experience, especially if you are an inexperienced runner. Even most experienced runners would rather do anything else. Nobody in their right mind would skip out on the delicious food and quality time with loved ones, to just run. If you ever feel down just be glad you weren’t born into a turkey trot family. Unless you were, deep condolences. I do think the turkey trot is a good way to get out of the house and even do something with your family, in a way you could also get some good exercise. On a holiday morning though, is just cruel. Karizma Woodard stated, “Obviously it’s a good excuse to exercise and feel good about yourself because you are doing something, but at the same time you should be spending that time with friends and family because that’s what Thanksgiving is all about,” The very beginning of this weird tradition started in 1896 in Buffalo, New York. Attracting only six participants. I get why only six people showed up. All in all, whoever came up with the idea of running a marathon on Thanksgiving morning was not in their right mind. Even if they wanted some extra exercise.