Lady Bulldogs Ready For Another Season

Girls lined up for a drill during tryouts on Wednesday, November 8.
Kee

The girls basketball team is gearing up for their next season! With tryouts beginning this week, all of the girls are extremely excited, and so are we! I got the opportunity to talk to some players and see just what we have in store for this season.
The girls have brought an electric energy to our games for the past few seasons, and we can’t wait to see where they can take the dynamic moving forward. 35 girls came out for tryouts, all of them eager to start the season. The Lady Bulldogs went 7-16 and got 3rd in the 5A Western Slope League. Addie Ritterbush and Lyla Lancaster were stand out players of the season, leading the team in points, rebounds, and blocks. I talked to Lancaster who told me, “My expectations for the season are to grow even more with our plays that we put into last year.” The entire team seems to have growth on the forefront of their mind, showing that this team is ready to dominate. Speaking of teammates, Lancaster told me, “I’m really excited to start the season, I think the team dynamic is great and I’m super happy to start playing.” Finally, Lancaster told me, “I have no clue how far we are going to go at the end of the season but I do hope to end with everyone having a great season and I hope I end as a stronger player!”
We can’t wait to see where the girls can take this season, and we will surely be at every game cheering them on all the way! Good luck, Bulldogs!