Senior Spotlight: Cross Country

Posing for a pic
Joe Bravo
Posing for a pic

This week we were delighted to interview some of the seniors on the Cross Country team. When asked what were some of the challenges of the sport Brady Russel said, “The mental part of cross country is the hardest part, if you work on that then you’re set because that’s what I struggled with the most.” Sophia Dery added and said “Just keep running; find your motivation to run and stick with it because cross country is a really good sport” We asked what their favorite course was and they said, “Our favorite course would be the Emma Cobrun Elk Run at Crested Butte.” They were asked about how the season went and they said “It went really well, we grew a lot, everyone got a new personal record and improved so it went really well.” We asked them if they had any words of motivation and they said; “Keep running, don’t let the physical part of the game get to you it’s a mental game if you can keep your head cool then you’re doing good find your motivation and fight through it.” We asked them what their plans were for after high school and Brady said “I am going to join the marine” Sophia said, “I am planning on taking a gap year to explore the world.” These athletes have spent the last few years running together. They will have many memories to look back on and we wish them the best of luck in their future!