Palisade Loves Fortnite

Palisade Loves Fortnite
Mallor

After a long five years and a steady decline, Fortnite has decided to bring back the original map. With this, all of Fortnite’s old players and new ones will reach a top of 44.7 million players, a new record for the game. Fortnite has been around since 2011, first only having the Save the World game mode. During this time Fortnite’s popularity was low until the release of Battle Royale in 2017. Battle Royale is a game mode with 100 players that all drop onto a map trying to be the last one left. This concept is familiar with other games and movies like The Hunger Games. Fortnite was a big influence on other games with battle royale concepts. Fortnite reached top players in 2020 with a brand new season with so many new things introduced into the game. With 2020 having people quarantined and on the internet, this would be the perfect time for Fortnite to release something that would blow people away and have many new players start playing. 

Over the years Fortnite has changed so much with concerts with very famous artists such as Ariana Grande, Marshmallow, and Travis Scott. Also, collaborations range from movies to other video games and TV shows. Not only has Fortnite changed, five years ago the Aux gym for Palisade had just been built along with many different teachers and staff who worked for Palisade. Not only that but students at Palisade were in middle and elementary school showing how much students have changed in the last five years. I interviewed freshman DeAngelo Rios about his thoughts on Fortnite and he had to say, “It’s crazy to think just how much things have changed in those five years and just how different I am.”