Mia De Villegas-Decker Signing Day

K
Mia on her signing day

An amazing athlete is now continuing her academic and athletic career. Mia De Villegas-Decker has been setting herself up in a very nice career with soccer. Mia has shown complete dominance on the field and was able to get a scholarship to play division 1 soccer at American University. Mia is a senior here at Palisade High School. She has dedicated 14 years of her life into soccer and she stated a big inspiration came from her loved ones especially her dad. She also recalled her grandfather was a professional soccer player.

Mia plays for the competitive team called Fire (FC) “we had an amazing season there were a couple of injured players but it was a successful season” said Mia. Her primary position in soccer is a forward so she is excellent at controlling and scoring on offense. Mia stated her biggest accomplishment is signing to American University “i’m glad i can be part of the 1%” said Mia. This is a very amazing accomplishment to say the least. Mia has a very interesting answer when it comes to choosing American University, it was home. “I was born in Washington DC. It’s more like homecoming for me” said Mia.

The student body is proud of Mia for her signing that took place in the main gym on November 8th. We weren’t the only news association trying to get Mia for an interview. She was definitely the talk all over, especially on the local news on tv. Mia will play soccer for the Bulldogs this upcoming season in spring. We can’t wait to see this future college star play in the pros. We at Palisade Paw Post are proud, Congratulations Mia!