Boys Wrestling Season

MAson

Tryouts have started for boys and girls wrestling at Palisade High School. Palisade highly recommends that you join the team because girls’ wrestling teams tend to be much smaller than boys’ teams. Wrestling is a winter sport so it will go till Saturday, February 17 2024 if we have any state qualifiers. Wrestling is an amazing sport with a very active crowd and such a good atmosphere. Going to events like duels or state championships at places like Ball Arena in Denver can not only change your view on the sport but might even influence you enough to try out for the team. Over the summer you can go to wrestling camps, for example, I went to one in Wyoming and had a lot more fun than I thought I would. 

I interviewed a freshman Michael Ortizdelgado who is trying out for the team and he had to say “ I wrestled a little bit in middle school but never went to any duels only a couple of practices. I decided to try out this year because I just want to try something new.” While wrestling is pretty hard it is easy to get better all you need to do is show up to practices and stay committed. Going from middle school wrestling to high school wrestling can be challenging due to the intensity of high school wrestling. In middle school, your main goal is to win but in high school, you are constantly pushing yourself to do better even if you do win a match you want to win it faster or learn a new technique.