The Ballon D’or Ceremony

soccer+team
joe
soccer team

On Monday October 30th the Ballon D’or ceremony was held in Paris, France. This ceremony is when many of the best soccer players in the world come together and are voted to decide who had the best season that year. This year was very special because it’s also when the world cup happened. This has a huge impact on the voting for the soccer world. Ballon D’or is a very gorgeous trophy of a Golden soccer ball. This year’s Ballon D’or nominee is Lionel Messi. This is 8th time winning this award. Lionel Messi played for Argentina for the World Cup in which they were the Champions of the World Cup.

Lionel Messi had a fantastic year especially with his new team Miami inter. Lionel Messi had played for Paris Saint-Germain for two years. In 2022-2023 he had 42 goals and 26 assists. There is a power ranking in the Ballon D’or. It is a ranking system on the most performed player recorded that season. There are many amazing soccer players on that list. Lionel Messi has the most Ballon D’or trophies awarded to him with Christain Ronaldo with him winning five of them.

There are many soccer lovers in our school who are very interested in the Ballon D’or with hundreds of millions also watching around the world. “I am honestly not surprised that Messi won, He had an outstanding year especially when he won the World cup” said by junior Liam Warren. There is no doubt that Lionel Messi won the golden soccer ball. “I believe that Messi is a positive role model for people. He’s also just a well known soccer player even if you don’t have an interest in soccer” said by senior Brady Russel.With another ceremony down, Who will be the next Ballon D’or winner?