November’s Teacher of the Month: Mr. Franklin

Mr. Franklin, the teacher of the month
Han
Mr. Franklin, the teacher of the month

Congratulations to November’s teacher of the month Mr Franklin, a beloved teacher of computer sciences and the film arts, Franklin is loved by both his students and fellow teachers alike. He inspires the creativity of his students and is dedicated to helping students spread the news of this school.

Franklin has been teaching at Palisade for 8 years, he teaches business and computer science classes as well as IB film and he is our very own newspaper sponsor. “I love working with kids, kids are cool,” says Franklin, “I worked as a project manager in construction for 20 years and I hated it, teaching’s way more fun than building buildings,”  I asked how he felt about being the teacher of the month, “I feel very humbled, there are a lot of high-quality teachers in this school but it’s always fun to be recognized,”. “I think one of the biggest things I contribute to Palisade is my sense of humor and I always try to be empathetic towards my kids, if they’re having a bad day I’ll let them know it’s temporary, and always try to make sure everyone’s having a good day,” says Franklin, “Above all, I just love teasing kids, I love laughing with them, gaslighting them, you name it. My newspaper editors Jazzy and Keegan, I throw them under the bus every chance I get it’s like my favorite thing to do,”. Franklin keeps the PawPost alive and single handedly heads the film department of the diploma program. He is the favorite teacher of many and his classroom is always a safe space and a home.