Softball Swings to Regionals

Softball+girls+at+Regionals+2023.+Photo+provided+by+Elli+Dorr.+
Softball girls at Regionals 2023. Photo provided by Elli Dorr.

Catcher, pitcher, shortstop, first base, second base, third base, right field, center field, and left field. Together, these positions make a strong and powerful softball team. 

Palisade High School softball girls traveled to Denver to compete in Regionals this past week on Friday and Saturday. The girls played powerfully but unfortunately couldn’t get past two games. If they were to win their first game, they would’ve played the second day. If they lost the first game, they would’ve played at 2:30 pm after. “I have definitely had better seasons, like last season was the type of season that any softball player would ever want,” says Varsity player Madison Gray. “We just didn’t have a good team dynamic with not enough players to start with and injuries along the way.” Gray says she personally had a good season with her stats and can’t wait to grow throughout these next years and see where she will end up her senior year. On Friday, the girls lost their game against D’Evelyn High School with a score of 2-12. Once again, on Friday they also lost their second game against Cheyenne Mountain High School with a score of 11-12. Yet the experience was worth it; the practices, bonding experiences, and games were all worth the time put in for this softball season. “I can’t wait to see what happens in a few years with this team,” says Madi Gray, “we’re going to be good especially after everything we were able to accomplish this year.” Great job to our softball team and we are excited to see what you girls bring to the field next year!