Avalanche’s Season has Started

Old Style Avalanche Jersey
K
Old Style Avalanche Jersey

Finally hockey season is here! October 10, The National Hockey League (NHL) opened the season. The Colorado Avalanche had a very strong opening to the season. They have a record of 3-0. They had their first game against the Los Angeles Kings and the Avalanche swept the floor with the Kings beating them 5-2. The Mvp of that game was Mikko Rantanen. Mikko Scored 2 goals against the Kings and had an amazing offensive game. Game 2 The Colorado Avalanche played the San Jose Sharks on October 14. Defense was very good for the Avs this game especially with number 8 Cale Makar on the Avalanche’s with him and the goaltending from Alexander Georgiev. The Avs beat the Sharks 2-1.

The most recent game the Avs have played is the Seattle Krakens on October 17. Last year the Avalanche and Krakens met in the playoffs. The Kraken ended up beating the Avs in the Final game 4-3. A devastating loss to say for the least. But this year Avs came back with vengeance. The Avs defense was very dominating over the Kraken offense. The goalie for the Avs, Alexander Georgiev had numerous goal blocks and the Avs came out on top winning the  game 4-1. We’ve been able to ask around to see the excitement of the Avalanche hockey season. We have many new hockey fans since the Avs won the Stanley Cup in 2022. “I’m so excited that hockey season is here. It is a very promising start of the season for the Avs” said by senior Max Warren. The Colorado Avalanche indeed have a promising season. “I really hope the Avs can win the Stanley cup again” said by junior Liam Warren. We hope they do too. The Colorado Avalanche take on the Carolina Hurricanes this Saturday on the 21st of October. Let’s go Avs!