Senior Night for Girls Softball

Ka
The Bulldogs on the Mound

The Palisade Bulldogs girls softball team took on the Durango Demons for their senior night game. The Palisade Bulldogs had a total of three seniors this year on the team. The seniors are Mckayla Moreland, Macy Beilman and Melanie Valdez. It was a scary start to the game. Durango opened the first inning with four runs and the Palisade Bulldogs only scored one run. Never give up, never what? The Bulldogs had a crazy comeback on the batting mound and scored six home runs. The Palisade defense started to get into the groove of things and started to hold down the Durango batting squad.

The overall environment of the game was very energetic after Durango tied the game up in the fifth inning. Everyone viewing this game was at the edge of their seats.  In the last inning the Bulldogs held the Demons to not score a single run. Then the Palisade Bulldogs were up to bat. Junior Ellie Dorr hits a perfect line ball allowing Palisade to score a run and win their game 8-7. This is going to be a senior night they all will remember. This was definitely a highlight of the season for the Palisade Bulldogs.

We had the chance to interview one of the Palisade Bulldogs about the amazing game that happened. A moment of the game that standed out to the players was Ellie Dorr amazing play at the batting mound. “When that ball flew down by third everyone got excited,” said Sophomore Mackenzie Gray. This highlights a very important game especially for those seniors who played. Amazing support from the younger classmen that showed that their seniors have really impacted the players they are today.