A Fall Concert

Palisade’s Aria choir during Tuesday’s performance. Photo by: Brielle Sorensen.

The butterflies, the color of snow, fly in swarms over the sea” sings Palisade’s very own Aria choir as they perform Les Papillons in French this Tuesday night. 

Palisade High Schools Coral Music had their official Fall Concert to open their 2023-2024 season. The concert was held at 7 PM in the auditorium. Directed by Mr. Doty, the choirs performed at the best of their ability and blew everyone out of the water with their beautiful voices. Scott Hendrickson also played the piano for every performance. Aria, the advanced women’s choir, started off the concert with performing songs including After the Rain, Les Papillons, and Tonight. Troubadours, mens choir, was next performing Come to Me, O My Love, All That Her Heart Desires, and Jenny Kissed Me followed by Voices of Palisade, the beginner choir, performing Sanctus and Canon of Hope. Popular Acclaim, the advanced mixed choir, was next performing extravagant songs including Corner of the Sky and Sunny. Chantez, intermediate women’s choir, followed after that performing Life’s Joy, Two Handel Classics, and Confitemini Domino. The night ended with Chamber Singers, which includes all the same students from Popular Acclaim, performing I Am Song, Gatatumba, and Musica Gloria! Overall, the concert was a success with a large number of parents and students listening in the auditorium. “Overall it was very successful,” says Evan Edwards, a first year singer in Popular Acclaim. “We all sang to the best of our abilities.” Upcoming PHS choir events include the Colorado Choral Directors’ Select Honor Choir Concert on Monday November 13 at 7 PM at the Robinson Theater at CMU. Sounds of the Season is also coming up, a holiday choral music showcase on December 16 at 2 PM or 7 PM at First United Methodist Church. If you’re looking to enjoy the soothing, beautiful sounds of Palisade’s choir (for free, may I add) make your way to the next choir concerts and show the Voices of Palisade some support!