Boys Tennis destroys Durango in Two days of Matches

Mallory Brownell
Andrew Kirschenmann and Cannan Ross.

Last weekend Palisade’s Boys Tennis played Durango in two days of intense matchups. Palisade took the victory for both days adding to their amazing season and setting them up for regionals in the near future. 

The matches were Friday the 15th and Saturday the 16th at Canyon View. Out of Palisades’ seven varsity lines, five lines won and two lines lost. Two out of our top 3 singles players won. As well as three out of four of our doubles teams. Meaning Palisade had five wins while Durango had two. It was the same score on Saturday. “We did really well, they were some really good matchups,” says Andrew Kirschenmann, a junior at Palisade. He has been playing tennis for five years, he fell in love with the sport when he joined with a friend and got hooked. He is on one of Palisade’s best doubles teams, with his partner Cannan Ross. Together the dynamic duo dominates on the court and has a very good chance of going to state this year. “Cannan is a really really good tennis player, he is very passionate about the sport and is very competitive,” says Kirschenmann. “He knows the sport really well. As a teammate, we have really good chemistry and work together really well,” Kirschenmann and Ross are good friends on and off the court and are ready to continue to demolish along with the rest of the team. 

Today Palisade matches up against Grand Junction High School at Canyon View. “Im pretty confident about the match,” says Kirschenmann, “Me and Cannan have a really good chance of winning along with the rest of the team.” Regionals are coming up on October 5th. The Dogs are ready to dominate and secure their spot at the state tournament.