Football vs. Montrose Red Hawks

Hayleigh Wing
Palisade lines up against Montrose.

Last Thursday, September 14th, the Palisade Bulldog football team took on Montrose Red Hawks. Though the team put in their all, with a strong defense and a hard battle, they unfortunately ended with a disappointing loss.

The team started off with a strong start, keeping up with good defense and strategies, but as the game went on the Hawks began to make some unpredicted plays that were hard to defend against. The final score was 0 to 42. “We started out strong and then started to lose it as the game went on,” says Nathan Umberger a sophomore on the varsity team. He has 9 receiving yards per game. Umberger has played football since he was three years old and it has been a big part of his life ever since. “We have a strong defense but our offense can really be improved,” says Umberger, “We have a really strong team we just have to execute our skills on the field,”. 

To cheer on the team and help support them, the student section’s energy was electric and the stands were packed a roaring crowd. The game was accompanied by the Palisade cheer team, as they continued to show off their new cheers and all the work they’ve been putting in. The squad also performed incredibly at half time, followed by the marching band showcasing all they’ve been working on so far this season. 

Next Friday the 29th Palisade has their biggest game of the season, the homecoming game and they play Evergreen, “I’m really confident, I think we have this one in the bag,” says Umberger. The energy at this next game needs to be eccentric, so be sure to show up to support the Bulldogs!