Football Team Goes to Delta

Football against Delta Photo Taken By: Jenny Brinton

Game week three the Palisade Bulldogs go to Delta to take on the Panthers at 7pm on September 8. This is the Bulldogs first time on the road this season. The Bulldogs open the game by kicking it off to the Panthers. The first quarter the Palisade defense arrived and showcased the Bulldogs signature toughness. Palisade held the Delta Panthers offense only allowing them to score once ending the first quarter 7-0. The Palisade offense started to answer by driving down the field and scoring a field goal by Carter Hayward. The Bulldogs showed up even harder in the end of the second quarter. Palisades quarterback Keden Everett threw a touchdown pass to Nathan Umbereger to make the game 14-10 with the Panthers in the lead at the end of the first half.
The start of the second half, the Bulldogs received the kick from the Delta Panthers. The battle of the team showed it was a good and interesting game. The match was back and forth in the 3rd quarter with the score at the end of the quarter 21-10 Delta. The Bulldogs offense kept driving down making many highlight plays in the fourth quarter. The game ended 35-10 Delta.
After the game we got to interview the quarterback of the Bulldogs Keden Everett. “Things got rough but as a team we always bounce back,” said Keden Everett. The team is everything in football. It’s like an iron fist, you come together and you can do a lot of damage. The Bulldogs take on the Montrose Red Hawks at Stocker Stadium on September 14. We hope to see you there Bulldogs!