We Love Our Teachers!

Ava+Wallit%2C+Braeleigh+Macaskill%2C+Addie+Ritterbush%2C+Sarah+Foster%2C+Grace+McAnany%2C+Lauren+Hardin%2C+Kyra+Birch%2C+and+Sabrina+Landman+at+teacher+appreciation.+
Mal
Ava Wallit, Braeleigh Macaskill, Addie Ritterbush, Sarah Foster, Grace McAnany, Lauren Hardin, Kyra Birch, and Sabrina Landman at teacher appreciation.

Through our entire course of high school, on good days and bad, through rough grades and straight A’s, our teachers are there for us every step of the way. This past Saturday, September 9th, our girls volleyball Bulldogs showed their appreciation to our incredible teachers and everything they do to help us through this small patch of life.
Grace McAnany is a junior this year, playing on the varsity team. McAnany has been playing since she was in 7th grade, getting into volleyball to try out a new sport with her best friends. “I chose Mrs. Raper for my teacher because she has been super helpful in supporting my passion for art. She is not just a great teacher, but an incredible mentor for me.” Lori Raper is one of the art and ceramics teachers here at Palisade, and is a mentor for a lot of the team. McAnany, Ava Wallit, and Braeleigh Macaskill are just a few who can often be caught in her room working on projects or just being a teacher aid to support her in her classes. The other teachers recognized were Jason Franklin by Sabrina Landman and Braeleigh Macaskill, Cara Korte by Sarah Foster, Mrs. Geis by Ava Wallit, Mr. Torfin by Lauren Hardin, Cory Hitchcock by Addie Ritterbush, and Brandon Moore by Krya Birch. The players presented each teacher with a flower and a note or gift of some kind to show their gratitude for all that those teachers have done to support them.
The game itself also was incredible for the girls, having a clean sweep against Summit Valley and adding another tally to their winning streak, having only lost one out of their nine games so far this season. The Freshman team, Junior Varsity, and Varsity all won all of their sets and crushed the Summit High Tigers. “This year has been going well for me individually as well as the team. As of right now, we are first in our league. We have two big matches against Holy Family and Lutheran in Denver this weekend that I think is going to go pretty well for us.” McAnany says.
It is clear that the teachers at Palisade high school are incredibly important to our students, making deep connections and meaningful relationships with each individual. Thank you to our teachers for being such important mentors in our lives, and congratulations to our volleyball team on another remarkable win. Good luck in Denver this weekend, and go Bulldogs!