Barbie Can Do It all

+Lexi+Taylor+%28Left%29+Gracie+Ehart+%28Middle%29+Lili+Taylor+%28Right%29+In+their+Barbie+costumes.%0A
Hayleigh Wing
Lexi Taylor (Left) Gracie Ehart (Middle) Lili Taylor (Right) In their Barbie costumes.

The superhero this summer wore high heels when the movie “Barbie” hit theaters and shattered box office records. People have been waiting patiently for the Barbie movie to come out, and when it finally did, it did not disappoint. “Barbie” made $612.3 million in less than two months of its release making it the biggest movie since 2019. Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling star in the movie as Barbie and Ken. Due to the movie’s success, they have become some of the highest-paid actors of this year, getting about $12.5 million each from “Barbie” alone. The masterpiece created by Greta Gerwig stayed with the iconic Barbie image, with its pops of pink, many hints of pop culture, and even some additions of actual Barbie dolls. Not only was this a fun movie for kids, it also put a spotlight on world issues. Some may be attacking the film as anti-male promotion or ignoring its central message, which is that patriarchy harms everyone, regardless of gender. Sophomore Lexi Taylor stated, “I didn’t expect the movie to hit so hard. It conveyed a really good message, and I think everyone can relate to the movie, no matter what their gender is. I really liked how the movie showed that kind of girlhood. I think it affected me a little more just because I went to watch it with a big group of friends.” Many people around the world love how the movie gave its message, they were very pleased with how it came out and said it was worth the wait. Some say the movie even made them emotional. Hopefully, more and more movies that come out, make an impact like the “Barbie” movie did.