Soccer Team Beats Central

Hayleigh Wing
Game ending celebration

alisade Bulldogs boy soccer team upsets Central. The Palisade Bulldogs took on the Central Warriors at Colorado Mesa University soccer fields on August 24, 2023. The Bulldogs came into this game the underdog of the match. Central pulled over on top in the first half but palisade defense didn’t make it easy for them. Palisades Senior, Joe Bravo scored a goal at the end of the half, with the score being 1-2 with Central in the lead. Second half of the Palisade opens on top with their dominance. Junior, Ronald Cordova scored in the early minutes of the second half tying the game. Palisade Bulldogs confidence showed on the field after Joe Bravo scored another goal by a free kick, putting Palisade in the lead. 

Palisades defense controlled the Central offensive and showed complete focus with back to back saves and answers back with freshmen Jayden Ford scoring a goal. With the final minutes of the second half Isaac Daady showed his speed and aggression by scoring the last goal of the game by a free kick. The game ended with a huge comeback in the second half. The game ending score 5-2 which Palisade on top for the win.

Issac Daady was elected player of the game on MaxPreps. Winning a game isn’t just from one person, it takes a whole team. “We had good communication which motivated us to win,” said Junior, Giovanni Rodriguez. Leadership is needed on a sports team. “Joe Bravo standed out the whole game,” said Josh Rodriguez. There were many highlights of the game. The Bulldogs performance was outstanding to say the least. The boys soccer team takes on the Grand Junction Tigers on August 30, 2023. Let’s hope this win carries on and motivates the Bulldogs to win another game.