Tough Matchup for Girls Softball

Kal
The bulldogs in the huddle breaking it down

Never back down, never give up! The Palisade girls softball team took on the Delta Panthers on Tuesday August 22nd. The Bulldogs went into this game with high hopes with them on a win record of 3-0. The delta Panthers went into this game with a record of 1-3. Delta started this game by scoring three runs and Palisade scored only one. With the second inning ending in a stalemate where both teams didn’t score.. With the opening of the third inning the Bulldogs stopped the Deltas batting squad and answered back by scoring a run.

Bulldogs and Panthers ended the fifth inning with another stalemate with both teams scoring two runs. Sixth inning with no team scoring. Seventh inning had the student section roaring. The Panthers opened the seventh inning and scored two runs but were stopped by the Bulldog defense. The Bulldogs open their batting series with Palisade’s signature toughness. A comeback seemed inevitable with the Bulldogs being able to score four runs. Sadly for the Bulldogs their luck ran out when delta stopped their batting series. The game ending score, Panthers 9 and Bulldogs 8.

After the game we had the privilege to interview a couple of the players from the Bulldogs. “I loved the comeback and I loved how everyone’s energy was high even when we were losing” Said by the team senior Mckayla Moreland. Palisade’s game theme was “Pack the Park”. The student section was definitely a highlight of the game. Sophomore Madison Gray’s favorite part of the game was the sportsmanship between the teams. “It was a good game overall, it was good competition” She says Madison Gray.

The overall game was definitely a highlight of the year with great energy of the players and from the stands. With this game over the shoulders of the Palisade Bulldogs they prepare for Cedaredge Bruins on August 24, 2023. We hope to see you there Bulldogs!