Peach Fest 2023

The Palisade marching band performing at the Peach Fest parade this past weekend. Photo credit: Evan Edwards

This past weekend, people from all over got to experience Palisade Peaches at their finest during the 55th annual Peach Festival. This festival was a way in order to appreciate Palisade’s farmers, families, and businesses. The festival featured many attractions including live music from local artists, a parade, BBQ eating contest, orchard farm tours, and of course peaches. This was a very fun event that brings everyone together and is one of Palisade’s most notable festivals. Every special event was successfully sold out for this hot fun in the sun. There were also many vendors at the Peach Fest, including Palisade High School’s very own FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) and the marching band. “Before the parade started, we set up, warmed up and then got ready at 8:30 o’clock. Then we played while parading Palisade’s Fight Song,” says junior Evan Edwards. “After the parade was done, we went over to the car show and then we played numerous songs including The Impact of the First Movement, a song which is part of our marching band show.” Evan enjoyed being a part of the Peach Fest parade very much. He plays the sousaphone, a brass instrument in the tuba family. After the parade, Evan said some of the band members stayed after the parade to work the booth at the car show and the Peach Fest. The marching band booth they had at the Peach Fest sold homemade peach cobblers and boxes of peaches. Overall, the annual Peach Festival was a success and brought in people from all over while multiple of our own clubs here at Palisade got to be a part of it.