Grillin’ and chillin’

+Mr.+Hayward+Grillin%E2%80%99+it+up+%0A
Hayleigh Wing
Mr. Hayward Grillin’ it up

Palisade ended off the first week with a school-wide BBQ. The students were offered free hot dogs and burgers, as well as fair-style lemonade from FCCLA for only $5. Admin made it a closed campus lunch so everyone got to know each other a little bit more, and got to have fun with friends. The BBQ was a good way to start off the school year and helped a lot of students realize what our school was all about. When asked about how the BBQ benefits the school, freshman Harper Karriker stated, “It can bring people together, and help others bond.” Games were put out so students didn’t have to just stand in the heat. Some of these games consisted of volleyball, spike ball, etc… They even put out some music for the students and sold tickets to the color dance that was later that night. Harper added, “I do think there could have been more food at the barbeque” The BBQ was successful overall. Everyone got to know each other and spend time together no matter what grade they were in. Sophomore Cade Carter told us about his school year so far, “it’s only been three days but I’m really tired, and I’m ready to go home.” Hopefully the school year gets better, once sports start getting back at it our year will be a lot more fun and exciting. The BBQ and the color dance were just the beginning of our eventful school year. Cade added, “I like that they decided to do a barbeque because it’s delicious and fun.” Students from all grade levels were able to socialize with one another and got to learn more about their peers and that’s super important for us to be able to function as a school. Welcome back to school bulldogs and have a great year!