Parade of Lights Kick Off Christmas Season

Mr. Smith

Upperclassman float at parade

It’s that time of year where snow is falling, Christmas lights are twinkling, and you can’t get that merry little tune out of your ear. This past Friday, December 2, the Christmas spirit was all around as hundreds of students and citizens lined up on the street to watch the Palisade Parade of Lights. Our students at Palisade were hard at work to make an appearance in the parade and spread the holiday cheer. Our marching band Bulldogs learned a holiday tune to play in the week leading up, being “How to Build a Snowman” from the 2013 film Frozen. Our Student Council spent days working on their floats, which they divided into the under and upperclassmen. The underclassman float had a theme of Christmas in Hawaii, and the upperclassmen stuck with a traditional holiday theme. The parade is always a good highlight and kickoff to the holiday season, bringing joy to those around. Ian Shao, a freshman here at Palisade and a new Student Council member found his first parade to be a great success. “I loved just seeing all the happy kids on the street and giving them candy and really feeling the Christmas spirit in Palisade, which made this a great experience.” With only a few more weeks until Christmas break, more holiday festivities will continue, so be watching out for those! Merry Christmas Bulldogs!