Welcome to NHS!

NHS+2023-2024+Executive+Council+
Gaby Suazo
NHS 2023-2024 Executive Council

Palisade High School is effortlessly overflowing with young leaders and talent. Some of these individuals can be found in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), StuCo and National Honors Society (NHS). It is a privilege to be involved in these curriculars, so it should be publicly highlighted. On April 29, new members of NHS were inducted into a career of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. 

Every year, a ceremony is held to celebrate those who have gotten into NHS. It spans an hour, lined with speeches by advisors Mr. Kennedy and Ms. Stout and the executive council. First, all 2023-2024 NHS members received a paper and pin, recognizing their success as individuals and club participants. This year, 26 students were inducted, including Sophomore Kairi Richardson. She expresses, “I’m looking forward to helping the community and bonding with the community inside the club itself. Connecting with people, especially from other grades will be fun too.”

The inductees sat on stage, patiently waiting for their name to be called. New presidents Ema Babnic and Sydney Maurer, called students to accept a sunflower, the official flower of the organization, and bond by shaking hands. A combination of grades, athletes, and artists all stood together, united in passion for community. Sophomore Siena Miller reflects, “I wanted to do NHS because it’s a great opportunity to help and understand our environment. I want to make it a better place. I know a lot of people who always seem to be doing great volunteering, I wanted to be a part of that.”

Following the ceremony, a reception was held in Palisade’s lobby. As always, NHS provided strawberry shortcake and brownies from a local bakery, Slice O’ Life. “The cake was so good too. That was a big highlight,” laughs Miller. 

Congratulations to all the new NHS members. Go Bulldogs!