Interaction bake sale.

Talan Despain working the bakes sale.
Talan Despain working the bakes sale.

April 24 through 26 the interaction club here at Palisade High School held a fundraiser for the cooperation in Africa to help teach special children.  The interaction Club meets every Monday to help support some sort of problem that is worldwide or locally. This year they held a 5k and organized a bake sale. The 5k was a fundraiser to raise money for MS local issue because multiple teachers have relatives and friends who have MS. For the bake sale team members in the club brought home made baked goods or food that was donated. Everything was sold for 1$ during lunch every day of the week starting Wednesday. The club made over 300 hundred dollars in profit. The money raised going to be a corporation run by a friend of Mrs. Nobles, where she raises money for children in Africa to have an education and the right resources. They are specified mostly in books. The corporation main mission is to get books to kids in Africa. 

We talked to a student who ran the bake sale. Talan Despain a Freshman in the club. “We have been planning this out for a while. It’s really cool to see it all come together and it’s really exciting.” The club had over 7 people bring in baked goods from cookies to lemon bars. These people each brought in more than 3 batches of food. Getting to work at the bake sale was really cool, getting to be a part of that business aspect and knowing that we are doing it for a good cause always feels nice.” The interaction club is a club devoted to bettering the people and the earth. The Interaction club would love to see you there at their next meeting.