A Colorful Mess to End the Year: Messy Day

Hank DeFord
Volleyball activities at Messy Day

Last Wednesday the 8th Palisade had it’s annual end of the year Messy Day celebration.  It was a huge success and am amazing way to celebrate the 2023-2024 school year coming to an end at last.

This years Messy Day featured color powder from this years color dance, volleyball, spikeball, soccer, a dunk tank, and much more. FCCLA and the art department sold concessions throughout. Although there was uncertainty about the inclusion of water in the Messy Day due to the colder weather, the student council ultimately decided to include water activities in the messy day celebration like the dunk tank and water kick ball. I spoke to Andrew Kirschenmann about this years Messy Day, he is a Junior and a member of Stuco who organizes the event every year. “I think it’s pretty lit, low key I was not thinking it was going to be fun but I think the student body is really enjoying it, I feel like everyone is doing something. They’re either chillin’ or running around, or they’re just chattin’ and realistically I think its cause they’re getting out of school early and stuff but I’m glad they’re having fun,” says Kirschenmann. This year’s Messy Day was lead by Lauren McClary, a freshman in Stuco. Overall, this years Messy Day was an incredible success and a great way to have some fun amidst all of the combined stress and pressure of finals, grades, and graduation. Finish out the year strong bulldogs!