Free Palestine college protest

Flag+of+the+Palestine+flag+
Jonathan vazquez
Flag of the Palestine flag

The world has witnessed a surge in protests in various countries, including the United States, Iran, Turkey, Mexico, among others. The protests have covered a range of issues, including women’s rights and the ongoing conflicts in Ukraine and Gaza. Presently, the primary focus is on the war in Gaza, which started in October when the government occupying Gaza attacked Israel, leading to a siege of the Gaza strip. This has caused an uproar, as some people believe that Israel is pushing its power too far, despite the fact that it has the right to defend itself. Reports indicate that Israel has already weakened Hamas, and yet it continues to attack the Gaza strip, killing not only Hamas soldiers but also Palestinian citizens. 

Most of these protests have occurred in college campuses across the United States, from Los Angeles to New York City. Pro-Palestine protests have been ongoing for weeks. Some people have claimed that these protests are causing riots and chaos. However, the protesters counter that these protests are peaceful, and that any chaos is being incited by people who want to cause trouble and make the protests look bad. Unfortunately, a small group of people have been known to enter peaceful protests and make anti-Semitic statements, which can cast a negative light on the protesters as a whole. 

In light of this situation, we must continue to hope for the best for the people involved in these protests and for the people in Israel and Palestine.

we spoke with Zeke Collins, who expressed his support for the protesters and their cause, and he believes that their actions are justified.