Students disappointed because of prom?

The Phs prom of 2024 has been the subject of mixed reviews from the student body since its conclusion. Some students have expressed disappointment with the event, stating that it was the worst Phs prom ever and that the student council could have done a better job. Other students have been more understanding and have suggested that the prom was acceptable, but that certain aspects of it could have been improved, such as the quality of the music and the food. 

To gain a better understanding of student sentiment, we conducted interviews with 10 Phs students. One student, Jayden Arrgon, expressed strong dissatisfaction with the event, stating that the music, venue, and overall experience were all subpar. He went on to say that Phs student council was fully to blame for this and that he hoped they would do better next year. Other students, like Julian Garza, were more forgiving, stating that the prom was enjoyable overall, but that the music could have been better. Julian suggested that students should have been involved in selecting the music for the event.

The majority of the students we interviewed expressed disappointment with the 2024  Phs prom and hoped that next year’s event would be better. However, they were also understanding of the challenges that Phs student council faced in organizing the event, particularly with the change of venue. 

Overall, the feedback from Phs students provides valuable insights that Phs student council can use to improve future proms. It is clear that music and venue are two key areas that require attention. By taking the feedback into account and making appropriate adjustments, Phs student council can ensure that the 25th Phs prom is a memorable and enjoyable event for all students.