Eagle Valley High Schooler Dies After Tragic Stabbing

Riley O’Hara nd her friends illustrating the immense amount of grief the Eagle Valley community feels Photo Provided by: Emily Hardin

Jackson Davis, a highschooler from Eagle Valley High School tragically passed away after getting stabbed at Gypsum park last Wednesday. Officials said a suspect was taken into custody after the attack, which is being investigated as a homicide.  At about 10 pm on Wednesday, there was a 911 phone call for a disturbance at Second Street Park in Gypsum. Davis’ injuries were severe as he was transported to the hospital and later died. Later it was found that other teens witnessed the events leading up to Davis’ death and that a recording of the interaction was taken and shared on social media. On Thursday, Olivia Hermosillo, Davis’ sister, set up a GoFundMe page. “My mother is a single parent and Jackson’s dad passed away late last year. Anything helps him. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts,” she wrote.  This GoFundMe has raised over $47,000 in support of this devastating event. Resources have been sent out to Eagle Valley High School to offer support to the grieving students. Riley O’Hara a  student at Palisade High Schools shares her input on this cataclysmic event. “I think it’s very sad and very disappointing that someone would inflict so much pain on someone and the community. I bet other students at Eagle Valley High School are very sad, and I would be too.” Not only is this detrimental to Davis and his family, but the community as a whole. O’Hara states, “Although this is very tragic, they could use this as a lesson to try to make the school a better and safer place and grow their school from that.” If you or anyone you know needs grief or trauma support, Your Hope Center’s 24/7 crisis line 970-306-4673 (HOPE) is available.